200 HR TEACHER TRAINING | Yoga Alliance certified
*We offer a flexible 200 hr Yoga Alliance certification program, these modules would each fulfill 100 hours of that requirement. In order to gain full certification, modules 1 & 2 would need to be attended within 2 years.
- Module 1 (100 Hours) February 5 - 16, 2018
- Module 2 (100 Hours) February 18 - March 1, 2018
- Location: Commune Yoga - Los Angeles, California - Highland Park
- Patrick Beach (Lead Trainer)
- Carling Harps (Lead Trainer)
- Guest Teachers - Module Specific
Awakening Yoga is a progressive practice style rooted in hatha vinyasa yoga with an emphasis on accessible and creative movement practices . We developed this practice style over the last few years after seeing so many diverse bodies in the yoga practice all over the world. Our goal with this style is to pay homage to the ritualistic traditional nature of the practice while incorporating modern movement patterns for today's bodies and minds. We work with 4 baseline practices (Solar, Lunar, Restore, & Strength) which uphold the principles & foundations of Awakening Yoga, while encouraging creativity & freedom from the teacher(s).
Module 1 (100 Hours) February 5 - 16, 2018
We are all looking for methods of stoking the fire that burns deep within our souls, to find the drive to achieve what we never thought possible, to push through adversity, to overcome obstacles, and be in the fiber of our true being. The Awakening Yoga Solar Sequence is a new map for movement through the traditional vinyasa yoga practice. You will have the opportunity to take your asana in many new directions as you begin to understand how to properly train your physical system to stand with power in our ever changing world. This 100 hours of the Awakening Yoga teacher training will focus on mastering the Solar Sequence, learning how to adapt and adjust it for your needs as a teacher or student, and help you to chart a course into sharing yoga.
- The Solar Sequence
- You will learn the complete Solar sequence for your personal practice and teaching. We will break down each piece of the practice to help you find complete mastery over the set of poses.
- Creative sequencing
- Each day we will break down the sequence from class to help give students an understanding of how to bring variety to their yoga classes and how to incorporate the foundations of Awakening Yoga into any class setting.
- Personalized Inversion practice
- Explore the specific needs of your body in inversions, how to best work with your unique strengths and find balance.
- How to teach public classes
- We will help each student find their own voice as a teacher through practical teachings exercises and group activities to ensure you graduate with confidence & comfort as a teacher.
- Basic philosophy and history of Yoga
- We will dive into the pillars of yogic philosophy beginning our study of the many facets in this long standing traditional practice.
- Introduction to Pranayama
- Learn foundational Pranayama techniques for your home practice and teaching techniques for public class
- Postural anatomy of classical yoga poses
- You will learn the structural breakdown for classic yoga poses, the do’s and don’ts for cueuing in class, and how to apply modern bio mechanics to the physical yoga practice.
- How to start your yoga teaching career
- Learn how to find your first teaching job, how to create your niche as a teacher, how to thrive in many different teaching settings, and develop your own yoga teaching business
- Social Media
- Learn how to use social media to help you build a unique online presence, find which social channels best serve your creative interests, and how to manage your accounts day to day.
Module 2 (100 Hours) February 18 - March 1, 2018
How does it feel to flow like water? To move seamlessly through the transitions of life? To embrace the constant evolution of the self? We approach this 100 hours of training looking for answers to these questions through practice of meditation and movement. Master the eloquent flow of a seamless physical practice that allows the body to shift into complete stillness. Drop into a deeper sense of linking breath and movement as we explore how each moment creates the next. Let your intuition guide your journey as we trek further down the path of awareness with fluid physical practice, purposeful pranayama, and guided meditation.
- The Lunar Sequence
- You will learn the complete Lunar sequence for your personal practice and teaching. We will break down each piece of the practice to help you find complete mastery over the set of poses.
- Free form movement practices
- Practice fluid sequences off the mat that will mix many styles of dance, soft gymnastics, martial arts, calisthenics, and yoga
- Dive deeper into pranayama practices as a student and as a teacher.
- Cultivating a Meditation practice
- Learn to set up a ritual that will allow you the opportunity to build a daily meditation practice. We will explore a different techniques and you will have the opportunity to guide short form meditations for fellow classmates.
- Hands on adjustments for in class settings
- Learn to read bodies with precision so you can give effective and supportive adjustments in a classroom setting.
- Advanced Yoga philosophy and history discussions
- Come prepared for round table style discussions of ancient yoga philosophies and teachings. You will have the opportunity to share your thoughts and opinions on bringing yoga into the modern world.
- Anatomical study for each individual practitioners needs
- We will explore the uniqueness and diversity of all our bodies so that we can best understand the mechanical advantages and disadvantages that come into play in yoga related movement.
- one on one sessions with Patrick and Carling where they will give you guidance and insight on your teaching, practice, and personal development.
Module 3 (100 Hours) (Dates TBA)
Inside all of us there is a strength and a softness, in this 100 hour training we will explore both sides as a student and as a teacher. Each day we will practice the Awakening Yoga Strength and Restorative practices to put your body into complete balance. Building support for growth through moments of polarity in order to learn more about who we really are.
- Awakening Yoga Strength Practice
- Learn to build strength in your body that will apply directly to your yoga practice. You will learn how to bring a higher level of intensity to your teaching in class or share our specific strength practice with your yoga community.
- Awakening Yoga Restorative Practice
- Come into the softer side of our practice, remember how to relax, learn vital self care techniques, and how to share the gift of letting go with your students.
- Yoga Nidra
- Take part in led Yoga Nidra sessions that will help you plant seeds in your mind for growth.
- In's & Out's of Inversion Postures
- Individualized breakdowns of inversions, how to teach these postures safely & effectively in group class, workshop & private session settings.
- Private and Small Group Yoga
- Learn to teach yoga in personal settings, how to read bodies, how give long form adjustments, build programs for students, and set boundaries.
- Thai massage training
- Our Thai massage faculty will guide you through traditional techniques that will give you a better understanding of how to adjust students in classroom or private settings.
- Teaching with power and grace
- Advance your teaching practice as we explore different physical, vocal, and emotional ranges for you to add into your repertoire allowing you to teach with empathy and purpose.
OTHER COURSE INCLUSIONS
- Awakening Yoga Printed Manual
- A 30 minute one-on-one session with a member of our core faculty
- Unlimited practice at studio for the duration of the course
- Use of all studio props & mats
What type of yoga will I learn to teach?
Awakening Yoga is a progressive practice style rooted in hatha vinyasa yoga with an emphasis on accessible and creative movement practices . You will learn how to confidently and effectively sequence Awakening Yoga in vinyasa, slow flow, and restorative practices alongside pranayama and meditation.
What about accommodation and food?
This is a non-residential and non-catered training - students are responsible for their own accommodation (lots of Airbnb choices in the neighborhood!) and food. The training is intensive and full time, hours will be approximately 9:00am – 6:00pm daily, with one day off between modules of the training.
Where will the training be held?
In sunny Los Angeles, California! We will be practicing in our studio, Commune Yoga, in the popular Highland Park neighborhood of Northeast LA.
Early bird pricing: $2,700 USD ($1,350 per module) - must be paid in full by December 1, 2017
Standard pricing: $3,000 USD ($1,500 per module) - must be paid in full by January 15, 2018
$100 USD deposit is due upon application. The deposit is non-refundable unless your application is not accepted. The amounts listed above INCLUDE your $100 deposit.
For more information (or any questions) please email us at AwakeningYogaAcademy@gmail.com